1. Overall objective: To provide Medical Physics support with the goal of improving the effectiveness and safety in the use of physics and technologies in medicine, especially in low-to-middle income countries.
2. To advise, guide, support and/or participate in training through(a) the development of training programs,(b) participation in training programs,(c) exchanges of staff and/or students, and/or(d) facilitation of e-learning.
3. To advise, guide, support and/or participate in activities associated with medical physics-related technologies, especially those related to radiation medicine, including:(a) the design of such technologies and related facilities,(b) the acquisition/purchase of such technologies,(c) the commissioning of such technologies,(d) the development and/or review of quality assurance/quality control programs, and(e) the development and/or review of safety-related activities, especially those related to ionizing radiation.
4. To build a database of qualified medical physicists with a keen interest in supporting the Vision, Mission and Objectives of Medical Physics for World Benefit. These individuals would generally be members of Medical Physics for World Benefit.
5. To develop a website which can be used as a communications forum for Medical Physicists interested in participating in Medical Physics for World Benefit and for institutions/organizations in low-to-middle income countries seeking the support of Medical Physics for World Benefit.
6. To solicit funding from various sources to allow Medical Physics for World Benefit to achieve its Vision, Mission and Objectives.
7. To maintain close communication with organizations with similar, related and/or overlapping vision, mission and objectives (e.g., Physicien Médical Sans Frontières, International Cancer Experts Corps, IOMP, AAPM, TreatSafely)
Spirit of Collaboration
Skills and Knowledge Sharing
Safety and Security